My Photo
Name:
Location: Vienna, Austria

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Memories, memories.....











So here I am.... Back in Vienna, working like 'everyone' else again... and I would have loved to be back in Aspen skiing again!! I have a little bit of a jet-lag still, I slept like 1 hour on the plane in monkey class (economy class)... GRRRRRR!!!!

So my friends and family keep asking me about the US - how was it? what did you do? etc. I prefer to talk to you all personally about my vacation, but some highlights were:

1) Le Caribou Club: This is the most exclusive club in Aspen, and you need to be a member to come in (or accompany a member). A one week membership costs 1500 USD - yeah right, that is money that I DO NOT have... But funnily enough, Florence and I were having dinner at Nobu on our last night in Aspen - and two local folks were eating next to us. We started talking, and to make a long story short, they got us into the Caribou club. And well, what to say? It was 'plastic fantastic'!!! Hehe, you know what I mean..... Was a bit disappointed that we did not meet any movie stars, but given that it was President's weekend, this was not the 'star high season'.

2) The Stetson Hats: My friend bought a hat there - wow, so cool!!! The real cowboy hats!!!!I tried one on too, but given that my head is size XXL, it looks really corny on me. She looked great though, and got TONS of compliments when wearing it out on the town. A true cowgirl!

3) My Völkl skies. I am so glad that I brought my Kharma skies to Aspen... They are freestyle skies (so quite wide/fat), and the US conditions were perfect for my skies. I really felt that I was 'dancing' on the snow, being close to the snow... what a feeling! They are good on the Austrian/Swiss slopes as well, but it is just not the same thing...

Back to real life....! Ciao!






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hanne, det er ikke vanskelig ä se at du har hatt en strälende ferie i USA. Det med snöstormer om nettene og solskinn fra skyfri himmel neste dag tror jeg er litt typisk for USA. Det var iallefall ofte sänn i Park City da jeg bodde der. Utrolig flott, og en egen stemning när en fär vaere förstemann ut pä nysnöen =)Göy ä lese bloggen din!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home